[Linux-cluster] Problems on new cluster

Jonathan Barber jonathan.barber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 15:02:45 UTC 2010

On 26 November 2010 11:06, bizza <bizzam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Jonathan Barber
> <jonathan.barber at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> IMHO having two clustering solutions (RHCS and Oracle's CRS - which is
>> required for RAC) running at the same time is asking for trouble. I
>> suggest you look at using Oracle's CRS to manage your non-RAC services
>> as well.
>>
>> Cheers
>
> if there is any other way to mount gfs luns that not require cluster
> suite running, i'm very happy to remove the red hat cluster packages
> :)
> Is it possible or i really need cman, clvmd (ecc..) to mount it?

No, you certainly need CMAN for GFS2. Maybe the CRS fencing will do
the job of fencing the nodes though.

As to your original question, my random guess is that you should check
the name attributes in the clusternode elements are resolvable on the
nodes. If they are, try setting them to the result of running "uname
-n" on the nodes.