[Linux-cluster] Updating cluster.conf file under RHEL6

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Sun Nov 28 09:57:13 UTC 2010

On 11/27/2010 10:00 PM, carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have downloaded a trial RHEL6 DVD to test new cluster suite under
> this platform (cman-3.0.12-23.el6_0.4.x86_64). After install one node, I
> have migrated some data from my production's cluster that consists on
> two RHEL 5.5 nodes.
>
>  All works ok (moving cluster.conf file, data, etc), except when I try
> to modify and propagate new cluster.conf file. In RedHat's documentation
> says: "Run the cman_tool version -r command to propagate the
> configuration to the rest of the cluster nodes.". This procedure works
> if all nodes are up, but if I try to do this with only one up returns
> this error:
>
> Error: Unable to initialize the crypto subsystem.
> cman_tool: ccs_sync failed.
> If you have distributed the config file yourself, try re-running with -S

Do you have ricci running on the nodes? If not, you need to enable it.

I am fairly confident the documentation mentions that too.

cman_tool version -r -S would be the correct command IF the
configuration has been synced around manually (see the "propagate the
configuration via scp" section of the documentation).

Fabio