[Linux-cluster] changing qdiskd config params

Andre Dyck ad at telefonica.de
Fri Oct 29 13:27:41 UTC 2010

Hi Greg,

Am 29.10.2010 13:16, schrieb gcharles at ups.com:
> If you change a setting inside the quorumd stanza and then propagate the change across the cluster with ccs_tool update, you should only have to stop / start the qdiskd service on all the nodes in the cluster for them to take on the new values.  However, you need to make sure you cycle qdiskd within the timeout window, or you could have a node get fenced if it hasn't updated its slot on the qdisk in time.

thx for the informations. it would be fine if i can change the values
without restarting cluster infrastructure with running services ...

> The best way we've found to test something like a tko value is to fail a node (or stop qdiskd and let it fail) and watch the logs to assure logged timeouts follow your settings.

mmh, i'm looking for a way to do this without an impact to the running
system(s) :-) so the best way for this would be a command or something
like this to see which parameters are currently used ..

> Greg Charles
> gcharles at ups.com

regards
Andre