[Linux-cluster] Configurations of services?

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Sat Oct 30 11:00:35 UTC 2010

Hi!

What is best practice for keeping and updating configurations of
services that someone runs in cluster? For example, if I run <apache>
via cluster agent, then I create /etc/cluster/httpd-<nameofservice> on
each node in the domain (cp -r /etc/httpd /etc/cluster/httpd-<name>; cd
/etc/cluster/httpd-<name>; rm -f logs run modules; ln -s .....).

Now, Im puzzled how do you sync configurations between nodes? I do it
manually currently, but am seeking some automation of the process.

I do not want to keep configurations of EACH service ona shared disks,
for some services I want to have configurations on each node available.

Any thoughts on this one?

--
Jakov Sosic