[Linux-cluster] porblem with quorum at cluster boot

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 17:05:06 UTC 2010

The configuration you are trying to build, 2 cluster nodes (1 vote each)
plus a quorum disk 1 vote (making a total expected votes= 3) must remain up
if you loose 1 of the members (as long as the remaining node still accesses
the quorum disk) because there are still 2   active votes (1 remaining node
+ 1 quorum disk) = 2 > expected_votes/2.

The Quorum (majority) must be greater (absolutely greater  >) than
expected_votes/2 (51% or greater) in order to service to continue.