[Linux-cluster] fence_apc and Apc AP-8941

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Tue Apr 5 16:48:56 UTC 2011

Hi !

I've got my cluster now setup in it's final position at the colo facility,
and we've got an APC ap-8941 power bar. At the moment, our fencing is
configured with ipmilan via our RMM3 modules on our intel servers. But I'd
like to add a backup fence device, being the apc.

I can't seem to make it work. On our apc bar, I enabled ssh and disabled
telnet. I can ssh from our cluster nodes to the ip of the apc bar and
perform operations, altough connectin via ssh takes about 2 or 3 seconds. I
try to call manual fence_apc from the command line like so :

fence_apc -a ip -l user -p pass -n node101 -x -v

and I get very rapidly :

Unable to connect/login to fencing device

Netstat shows me a time_wait connection, so it has made a tcp connection.

Any hints ?