[Linux-cluster] GFS version

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 14:56:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 20:47 +0600, Muhammad Ammad Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am using RHEL 5.3 and formated the shared volume using gfs. how can i know that its GFS version 1 or GFS version 2?
>

> Thanks,
> Muhammad Ammad Shah

Well you should be able to use file -s to figure that out, but since
early versions of file can't tell the difference, that won't work for
you on 5.3, I'm afraid. You could try to mount it and then look to see
whether you were successful with gfs or gfs2. Also, you could try using
gfs_tool or gfs2_tool to print the info out from the sb depending on
which is easier,

Steve.