[Linux-cluster] Solution for HPC

dlugi dlugi at forum-polska.com
Wed Apr 20 07:50:03 UTC 2011

 Hi Gurus,

    I would like to ask You about something. Since few days I`m
 preparing 3D fluid simulation. The problem is that my simulation is
 rendered only on one core. CPU usage provading information that only 1
 core is 100% used by process. In my opinion this software doesnt support
 multithreading thats why everything is calculated on one core.

 Is it possible to build some kind of HPC cluster where this single
 process could be distributed for several machines ?
 I`m not thinking about dividing this job for several small peaces and
 distributing them. I`m thinking about infrastructure where single
 process could use CPU power from several machines at the same time.

 Is it possible to do this on RH or Fedora ?

 cheers

 Konrad