[Linux-cluster] Can I build a computer cluster based on RedHat Desktop edition?

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon Dec 5 01:30:49 UTC 2011

On 12/04/2011 07:18 PM, Bin wrote:
> I am a beginner -:) and want to build a PC clusters based on Redhat
> linux for running my parallel codes. please help...
>
> Thanks

Performance clustering most often a per-application question, not one
that can be generalized too well. These tend to be pretty
distro-agnostic and generally rely on specialized tools running on nodes.

A classic example is a video render farm where a master node cuts up a
series of frames, hands them off to a node in the farm to render,
repeats for the various other parts of the movie, collects the finished
frame and stiches them together into a single movie. Similar concepts
can be applied to decryption, compilation and so on.

So, tell us what you are trying to do, specifically.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron