[Linux-cluster] Nodes leaving and re-joining intermittently

Chris Alexander chris.alexander at kusiri.com
Sun Dec 11 15:26:23 UTC 2011

Please find below the cluster.conf Matt mentioned.

Regarding logs, I have verified the 2 SNMP trap notifications that Matt
posted in his first message are the only ones that were processed by our
script anywhere near this event window (days until the previous one, none
since). I will have a look in the on-disk logging tomorrow and see if
there's anything of any worth over that time period on any of the cluster
nodes.

Thanks,

Chris

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="30" name="camra">

<fence_daemon clean_start="1" post_fail_delay="30" post_join_delay="30"
override_time="30"/>

        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.1" nodeid="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="ilo">
                                        <device name="ilo1"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.2" nodeid="2">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="ilo">
                                        <device name="ilo2"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.3" nodeid="3">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="ilo">
                                        <device name="ilo3"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>

<rm log_facility="local4" log_level="7">
                <failoverdomains>
                        <failoverdomain name="mysql" nofailback="0"
ordered="1" restricted="1">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.1"
priority="1"/>
                                <failoverdomainnode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.2"
priority="2"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                        <failoverdomain name="solr" nofailback="0"
ordered="1" restricted="1">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.2"
priority="2"/>
                                <failoverdomainnode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.1"
priority="1"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                        <failoverdomain name="cluster1" nofailback="1"
ordered="0" restricted="1">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.1"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                        <failoverdomain name="cluster2" nofailback="1"
ordered="0" restricted="1">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.2"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                        <failoverdomain name="cluster3" nofailback="1"
ordered="0" restricted="1">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="xxx.xxx.xxx.3"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                </failoverdomains>
                <resources>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/fstest" name="fstest"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/postfixstatus"
name="postfixstatus"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/snmpdstatus"
name="snmpdstatus"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/snmptrapdstatus"
name="snmptrapdstatus"/>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/foghornstatus"
name="foghornstatus"/>
                </resources>
                <service domain="cluster1" max_restarts="50"
name="snmptrap1" recovery="restart-disable" restart_expire_time="900">
                        <script ref="fstest"/>
                        <script ref="foghornstatus"/>
                        <script ref="snmpdstatus"/>
                        <script ref="postfixstatus"/>
                        <script ref="snmptrapdstatus"/>
                </service>
                <service domain="cluster2" max_restarts="50"
name="snmptrap2" recovery="restart-disable" restart_expire_time="900">
                        <script ref="fstest"/>
                        <script ref="foghornstatus"/>
                        <script ref="snmpdstatus"/>
                        <script ref="postfixstatus"/>
                        <script ref="snmptrapdstatus"/>
                </service>
                <service domain="cluster3" max_restarts="50"
name="snmptrap3" recovery="restart-disable" restart_expire_time="900">
                        <script ref="fstest"/>
                        <script ref="foghornstatus"/>
                        <script ref="snmpdstatus"/>
                        <script ref="postfixstatus"/>
                        <script ref="snmptrapdstatus"/>
                </service>
        </rm>
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.101"
login="x" name="ilo1" passwd="x"/>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.102"
login="x" name="ilo2" passwd="x"/>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.103"
login="x" name="ilo3" passwd="x"/>
        </fencedevices>
</cluster>