[Linux-cluster] Question about GFS2 journal size

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Tue Dec 13 20:16:30 UTC 2011

The default journal size for gfs2 is 128 megs. We have a 8 node cluster, so
I create 10, just in case. So that yields to roughly 1.3 gig the size of an
empty filesystem.

For some applications, I wish to create smaller file systems, like bellow 1
gig. So to have 1.3 gig of journal for a 500 megs FS is like overkill.
What's the use of the journal and can I lower down to a more proprotionate
size for my application, like 16 or 32 meg each ?