[Linux-cluster] CLVM/GFS2 distributed locking

Stevo Slavić sslavic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 20:08:37 UTC 2011

Hi Digimer and Yvette,

Thanks for tips! I don't doubt reliability of the technology, just want to
make sure it is configured well.

After fencing a node that held a lock on a file on shared storage, lock
remains, and non-fenced node cannot take over the lock on that file.
Wondering how can one check which process (from which node if possible) is
holding a lock on a file on shared storage.
dlm should have taken care of releasing the lock once node got fenced,
right?

Regards,
Stevo.