[Linux-cluster] Running cluster tools using non-root user

Bennie Thomas Bennie_R_Thomas at raytheon.com
Thu Feb 3 20:35:07 UTC 2011

For the /usr/sbin/clustat to work for the basic user you must set uid.

chmod u+s /usr/sbin/clustat

You do not need sudo for this command to work. Now for clusvcadm. I
would set up sudo for this, that way
you can limit the users.

Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Parvez Shaikh
> <parvez.h.shaikh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I believe Pacemaker is not same as "RHCS"
>>

> Correct. At least not yet anyway.
> Thats why I called my reply a shameless plug since it was for a
> competing project.
>
> Pacemaker does ship in RHEL6 though.
>

>> or do they share code?
>>

> A Pacemaker installation shares almost all the underlying
> infrastructure of what you know as RHCS - it just replaces the
> rgmanager part.
>

>> If yes, in which version of RHCS would this feature would be available?
>>

> We can't comment on future releases sorry.
>

>> I require to enable service, disable service, and get status. I am using CLI
>> tools and any scripting trick can help me running clusvcadm and/or clustat.
>>
>> su -c "clusvcadm...." require entering password, can this also be eliminated
>> using sudoers?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
>>
>>> [Shameless plug]
>>>
>>> The next version of Pacemaker (1.1.6) will have this feature :-)
>>> The patches were merged form our devel branch about a week ago.
>>>
>>> [/Shameless plug]

Bennie Thomas
Sr. Information Systems Technologist II
Raytheon Company

972.205.4126
972.205.6363 fax
888.347.1660 pager
Bennie_R_Thomas at raytheon.com

DISCLAIMER: This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Raytheon unless specifically stated.
Electronic communications including email may be monitored by Raytheon
for operational or business reasons.