[Linux-cluster] MySQL MASTER->SLAVE agent?

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Sat Feb 19 01:05:33 UTC 2011

On 02/18/2011 10:36 PM, Jakov Sosic wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Would it be possible to use the MySQL replication as a way of achieving HA?
>
> When MASTER is down to take appropriate actions and declare SLAVE the
> NEW master, and take on IP address? Has anyone tested this kind of
> setup? Obviously, failback should be impossible and request manual action.
>
> This would pose as a good solution for environments without shared
> storage and without DRBD.

Jakov,

Actually MySQL allows for MASTER<->MASTER replication. I've successfully
deployed that on some 10 sites or so top of RHCS using nothing but a
floating IP address for MySQL (plus other resources for other services).

Of course, you'd better keep an eye on MySQL's replication health when
doing that.

CR.