[Linux-cluster] RHEL6 CLVM doesn't activate the LV on other node?

Colin Simpson Colin.Simpson at iongeo.com
Wed Feb 23 21:01:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure if I've missed something in the discussion here or the
manual.

I have just been trying clvm on RHEL 6 for the first time.

On the first node if I run:
node1# lvcreate --size 1G --name lv00test cluvg00

node1# lvscan
  ACTIVE            '/dev/cluvg00/lv00test' [1.00 GiB] inherit

However on the second node I get:
node2# lvscan
  inactive          '/dev/cluvg00/lv00test' [1.00 GiB] inherit

And (no surprise) I don't have /dev/cluvg00/lv00test.

I can bring it to active on the second node with vgchange -ay , but that
doesn't seem right (and is that persistent)?

All I have changed is the locking in lvm.conf to 3 as ever.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything else on RHEL 5, and it just
appeared ACTIVE with no fuss on both nodes.

Have I missed something?

Thanks

Colin

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original.