[Linux-cluster] configuring bladecenter fence device

Hugo Lombard hal at elizium.za.net
Fri Jan 7 05:39:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 10:12:16AM +0530, Parvez Shaikh wrote:

>                <clusternode name="node1" votes="1">
>                        <fence>
>                                <method name="1">
>                                        <device blade="2" name="chassis_fence"/>
>                                </method>
>                        </fence>
>                </clusternode>
>
> Here for "node1" device blade is "2". Does it mean node1 is blade[2]
> from AMM perspective? So in order to fence out node1 fence_bladecenter
> would turn off blade[2]?

Hi Parvez

We use BladeCenters for our clusters, and I can confirm that the
'blade="2"' parameter will translate to 'blade[2]' on the AMM.  IOW, the
'2' is the slot number that the blade is in.

Two more things that might be of help:

- The user specified in the 'login' parameter under the fencedevice
  should be a 'Blade Administrator' for the slots in question.

- If you're running with SELinux enabled, check that the
  'fenced_can_network_connect' boolean is set to 'on'.

Regards

--
Hugo Lombard