[Linux-cluster] fence_vmware_ng fails: SHELL_TIMEOUT not defined

Ofer Inbar cos at aaaaa.org
Mon Jan 24 18:33:47 UTC 2011

> Q2: As for changing the constants: I don't see where they are set in
> the first place, nor any description of what they're for, or what
> values they're supposed to have.  Are you suggesting I directly edit
> the fence_vmware_ng script and add definitions for these constants?
> Won't that be destroyed by the next install or upgrade of the RPM?  Is
> there someplace these constants are supposed to be defined?  And if
> I'm hacking the script directly, and have no idea what these constants
> are for, is there any reason I shouldn't just edit them out of the one
> line where they're used, and replace them with a small integer?

I did hack the script to completely remove the references to
SHELL_TIMEOUT and LOGIN_TIMEOUT in that line, tried fencing again,
and got: NameError: global name 'POWER_TIMEOUT' is not defined
I could keep hacking away at constant after constant, but I feel like
this is the wrong approach and there's an underlying problem: these
constants are supposed to be set somewhere, by something, but I don't
know where or how.  For some reason, they used to get set, and now
they no longer are.

Does anyone know where the values for these are supposed to come from,
and how they're supposed to reach the fencing agent?  I might be on a
wild goose chase without realizing it, because there's no documentation.
  -- Cos