[Linux-cluster] Seeing lots of: [TOTEM] Retransmit List messages

Scooter Morris scooter at cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed Jan 26 18:35:38 UTC 2011

We're seeing lots of these messages on a single node in our 3 node RHEL
5.6 cluster (but never on the other nodes).  According to previous
posts, this is indicative of lost packets and openais should recover
just fine.  On the other hand, it's really disconcerting that we're
losing packets (we've been fighting gfs2 glock issues also).  Is this a
"normal" message, or should we really be concerned about losing
packets?  We're not logging any errors on the private ethernet
interfaces of any of the nodes, so I'm not really sure what might be
going on.

-- scooter