[Linux-cluster] fence_vmware_ng fails: SHELL_TIMEOUT not defined

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 07:47:10 UTC 2011

Ofer,
you cannot find that values because upstream change patch
43872d098d9406fd09afd81e972188a728e1c7a3 removed them and replaced them
by CLI options.

Take a look to http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/VMware_FencingConfig

2010-05-04: Fence_vmware in RHEL 5.5 is currently fence_vmware_ng (same
syntax but named as fence_vmware) so fence_vmware_ng is ***no longer
needed***

This *** no longer needed *** also means, you shouldn't use it because
it's no longer developed by upstream. In other words, use fence_vmware.

It's very sad that vmware decides to change VI Perl API which causes
problems.

Work *should* be in progress on creating vmware agent using directly
vmware SOAP API, so even patching VI Perl shouldn't be needed in the
near future.

Can you please send me which version of VI Perl Toolkit are you using?

Regards,
   Honza