[Linux-cluster] How to re-store my lost data

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed Jan 5 16:55:08 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| Dear everyone!
|
| we have recently had an unknown problem with our cluster and we have
| lost some data, including the latest user accounts created.
| Does anyone have any idea of how to recover those user accounts and
| data?
| The data haven't been deleted so it should be in somewhere in the
| disk!!!
|
| Please, any help would be much more appreciated.
|

| Best,
|
| Luis

We need lots of more details before we can help.  For example:

Is this clustered storage?  Is it your root mount point?
What file system is this?  GFS?  GFS2?  ext3?  ext4?  Other?
What happened to it?  Did you lose drives in a RAID array?
Did you notice the missing data before or after fsck was run?
We need lots of details.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems