[Linux-cluster] [DRBD-user] DRBD and KVM for a HA-Cluster ?

yvette hirth yvette at dbtgroup.com
Thu Jan 6 19:30:16 UTC 2011

Digimer wrote:

(snippage)
> In fact, it's a benefit because, last I checked, snapshot'ing of
> clvm was not possible.

and it still isn't.  i tried to slapshot a gfs2 volume and it refused,
which makes tar'ing a gfs2 directory - without getting "source volume
changed during processing" messages - impossible, at least in my setup
(RHEL/Centos 5.5, five-way clustah).

so i created xfs filesystems, rsync the gfs2 -> xfs stuff hourly, and
backup from the xfs.  it's "not-really-wonderful" but works fine.

yvette