[Linux-cluster] Error while manual fencing and output of clustat

Xavier Montagutelli xavier.montagutelli at unilim.fr
Mon Jan 10 13:28:19 UTC 2011

Hello Parvez,

On Monday 10 January 2011 09:51:14 Parvez Shaikh wrote:
> Dear experts,
>
> I have two node cluster(node1 and node2), and manual fencing is
> configured. Service S2 is running on node2. To ensure failover happen,
> I shutdown node2.. I see following messages in /var/log/messages -
>
>                     agent "fence_manual" reports: failed: fence_manual
> no node name

I am not an expert, but could you show us your cluster.conf file ?

You need to give a "nodename" attribute to the fence_manual agent somewhere,
the error message makes me think it's missing.

For example :

        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_manual" name="my_fence_manual"/>
        </fencedevices>
<clusternode name="node2" ...>
  <fence>
     <method name="1">
         <device name="my_fence_manual" nodename="node2"/>
       </method>
   </fence>
</clusternode>