[Linux-cluster] Red Hat Cluster 5.4 to 5.5 Update / gfs2-hangalyzer

aneesh vs mailtoaneeshvs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:02:44 UTC 2011

Hello,

You may do the update in multiple ways. If you don't want to take full
cluster down, you can stop cluster services on one node and perform package
update on it and rejoin it. Like this way do the update on one by one.

Instead if you can take maintenance window, you can stop cluster on all
nodes and perform update. Do a reboot of nodes at a time and allow it to
join fresh.

You will need to update cman,openais,rgmanager,lvm2-cluster(if you are using
clvm) gfs-utils, gfs2-utils, kmod-gfs (only if you are using gfs). If the
system is registered with rhn you give something like "yum install cman
openais rgmanager ......." it will install it in proper order. I think you
can do yum update using cluster group also so that it will update all of
packages in cluster group.

The kbase article https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-43210 may be helpful
to you.

I would recommend to do this update in a test cluster first. If you don;t
have test cluster, perform this in off business hours or maintenance window

Regards
Aneesh