[Linux-cluster] RHCS Multipath / Fence

Stefan Lesicnik stefan at lsd.co.za
Wed Jan 12 12:41:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a RHEL 5.5 2 node cluster running with a qdisk a 3/2 quorum.
>From the OS i have dual HBAs with 4 paths. Failover works if i remove a fiber it reports down and i can still access my disks over the other 2 paths.

When i activate the cluster and remove one fiber, it fences the node. Is there a config or setting I need to tell the cluster to tolerate 1 fiber failure?

(Thinking about it now, it may be a timeout issue - as i think my multipath has a 60sec port retry value that may be to high for the cluster)

Thanks

Stefan