[Linux-cluster] Determining failed node on another node of clusterduring failover

Kit Gerrits kitgerrits at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:05:28 UTC 2011

Hello,

The Clustering software itself monitors nodes and devices in use by cluster
services, but logs to /var/log/messages.
A quick overview is presented by the 'clustat' command.

Monitoring tools are freely available for any platform.
Basic monitoring in Linux is available with Big Brother, Cacti, OpenNMS or
Nagios (in order of increasing complexity).
If you're bound to windows, maybe try ServersCheck .

Parsing logs can be trivial, once you know how.
What do you want to know and when do you want to know it?

Have you looked at 'clustat' and 'cman_tool'?

Regards,

Kit