[Linux-cluster] gfs2 v. zfs?

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Mon Jan 24 21:58:21 UTC 2011

[mailto:linux-cluster-bounces at redhat.com]
> On Behalf Of Wendy Cheng
> Subject: Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs2 v. zfs?
>
> I would love to get an education here. From usage model point of view,
what is the
> difference between a "parallel file system" and a "cluster file
system" ? i.e., when to
> use a parallel file system and when to use a cluster file system ?

Getting off-topic but I'd also like to hear who uses a parallel
distributed FS, and what problem space they work well in.

GFS works fine, but we have trouble scaling it up due solely to the
limits of central storage.  I'm sure there are esoteric storage designs
to get around this, but at some point I also suspect there's an easier
way...

-Jeff