[Linux-cluster] gfs2 v. zfs?

Rafa Grimán rafagriman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 22:26:06 UTC 2011

On Monday 24 January 2011 22:58 Jeff Sturm wrote

HPC where you need  very high bandwidth/throughput to disk (usually scratch
filesystem).

> GFS works fine, but we have trouble scaling it up due solely to the
> limits of central storage.  I'm sure there are esoteric storage designs
> to get around this, but at some point I also suspect there's an easier
> way...

>From a HW point of view, DDN has very good storage arrays ... but you pay for
it ;) They promise 6 GB/s and you get those 6 GB/s.

You can also use more storage arrays and use some volume manager to group them
together. This is a bit tricky because it won't guarantee a load balance on
the different storage arrays.

HTH

   Rafa

--
"We cannot treat computers as Humans. Computers need love."

Happily using KDE 4.5.4 :)