[Linux-cluster] gfs2 v. zfs?

Wendy Cheng s.wendy.cheng at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 02:42:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>> A.  Because it breaks the flow and reads backwards.
>
>> Q.  Why is top posting considered harmful?
>
> Hope that was informative:)
> jlc

I don't have any intention to start a flame and/or religion war.
However, I'm hoping people could relax a little bit about this "rule",
if it is a rule at all ... Check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting to see what it
says. You may find it interesting.

At the same time, I don't see comparing performance numbers between
parallel filesystem and cluster filesystem is a bad practice. After
all, I see users and IT shops comparing NFS and GFS numbers from time
to time (as a way to decide which one to use). The bottome line is "I
have a storage box and I want to access it from different machines,
which one is the best solution for me and lets get the capacity
estimated".

-- Wendy