[Linux-cluster] fence_vmware_ng fails: SHELL_TIMEOUT not defined

Ofer Inbar cos at aaaaa.org
Wed Jan 26 18:11:41 UTC 2011

Marek Grac <mgrac at redhat.com> wrote:
> They are set in the fencing library (lib/fencing.py) but various
> fence agents needs different values. Those constants are described
> on http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/FenceTiming

Problem is they're *not* set there, nor did I find any reference in
any documentation to the fact that they're supposed to be set there.
One thing I did when I first ran into this problem was:

# find / -type -f | xargs grep -l SHELL_TIMEOUT

... and similarly for POWER_TIMEOUT and LOGIN_TIMEOUT.

I found no useful hits, and none of these appear in
/usr/lib/fence/fencing.py.  That file is supplied by the cman
RPM, so I would've been reluctant to edit it anyway, because
I don't want to have to depend on running a locally patched cman,
and worry than any upgrade will break my patch.

However, fence_vmware_ng did not provide any guidance on setting
these, either.  So how is it ever supposed to work for anyone?

[As you can see from my last email on this thread, I gave up on
fence_vmware_ng when I found that fence_vmware works if I patch
the VI Perl Toolkit]
  -- Cos