[Linux-cluster] DR node in a cluster

Steven Whitehouse swhiteho at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 16:28:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 11:15 -0500, Paras pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
>

> My GFS2 linux cluster has three nodes. Two at the data center and one
> at the DR site. If the nodes at DR site break/turnoff, all the
> services move to DR node. But if the 2 nodes at the data center lost
> communication with the DR node, I am not sure how does the cluster
> handles the split brain. So I am looking for some recommendation in
> this kind of scenario. I am usig Qdisk votes (=3) in this case.

Using GFS2 in stretched clusters like this is not something that we
support or recommend. It might work in some circumstances, but it is
very complicated to ensure that recovery will work correctly in all
cases. If you don't have enough nodes at a site to allow quorum to be
established, then when communication fails between sites you must fence
those nodes or risk data corruption when communication is
re-established,

Steve.