[Linux-cluster] GFS2 + NFS crash BUG: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer deference

Alan Brown ajb2 at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 16:46:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Steven Whitehouse wrote:

> Currently we don't recommend using NFS on a GFS2 filesystem which is
> also being used locally.

After much dealing with NFS internals, I would recommend NOT using it on
any filesystem where the files are accessed locally.

NFSv2/3 doesn't play nice with anything else which may access the
underlaying disk (including Samba. The only "safe" method is to export
your samba shares from a NFS client elsewhere on the network).

YMMV. NFSv4 is supposedly better behaved. I've not tested it.