[Linux-cluster] GFS2 + NFS crash BUG: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer deference

Javi Polo jpolo at wtransnet.com
Fri Jul 8 16:59:50 UTC 2011

thx for the fast reply!

El 07/08/11 18:22, Steven Whitehouse escribió:

> Currently we don't recommend using NFS on a GFS2 filesystem which is
> also being used locally. That will hopefully change in the future,
> however, in the mean time I'd suggest using the localflocks mount option
> on all the mounts (and be aware the fcntl/flock locking is then node
> local) to avoid problems that you are otherwise likely to hit during
> recovery. Also...

I dont think I really understood you. You mean that a host wich uses
GFS2 locally is not recommended to export the filesystem via NFS, but if
the host just uses it as NFS export, and who access the filesystem are
just the nfs clients, it is allright
:?

> [6235083.656954] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference
>> this should not happen. It looks like we are trying to look up something
>> that is 24 (hex) bytes into a structure. Does the fs have posix acls
>> enabled or selinux or something else using xattrs?

Nope, at least as far as I know. As I dont usually use ubuntu, I have
checked to see if it had selinux enabled by default, or some ACLs
related thing, but it seems it's not ....

--
Javi Polo
Administrador de Sistemas
jpolo at wtransnet.com