[Linux-cluster] question about failoverdomains

Budai Laszlo laszlo.budai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:42:55 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Please somebody tell me what is the behavior for the following
failoverdomains configuration:

<failoverdomains>
  <failoverdomain name="dom1" ordered="0" restricted="0">
      <failoverdomainnode name="pnl-p" priority="1"/>
   </failoverdomain>
   <failoverdomain name="dom2">
      <failoverdomainnode name="psd-p" priority="1"/>
   </failoverdomain>
</failoverdomains>

This is a two node cluster. the idea is to create a configuration where
some of the services prefer to run on one node, and other on the other node.
For this I would have created two prioritized failover domains with the
priorities set in such a way that in one domain the one node has higher
priority than the other.

My question related to this setup is:
if a node fails (let suppose pnl-p fails) then the services which are
configured to use dom1 will migrate to node psd-p. What will happen when
the node recovers? will that service fail back to that node?

Thank you,
Laszlo