[Linux-cluster] RAID1 in RHCS / RHEL5

Ivan Fetch ifetch at du.edu
Wed Jul 27 05:47:03 UTC 2011

	Hello,

I am not finding a lot of docs or commentary about accomplishing RAID1 of two shared storage (FC SAN) LUNs, in RHCS. I wlikd like to RAID1 two mpath devices (using the device multipathing with RHEL5). The mpath devices (mpath0, mpath1) do not match up on all nodes, but I don't believe this technically matters, since md uses UUIDs to detects it's disk devices.

I could just configure an md device, but it seems like there should be a notion of which node owns the md. WHat happens when the active node is resyncing a mirror, and that node dies or gets fenced? WHat happens if someone tries to operate on the md from the inactive node?

I would very much appreciate hearing from those who are accomplishing this, how they did it, gotchas and lessons learned.

Thanks,

- Ivan

.