[Linux-cluster] service startup order

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Jul 28 11:41:08 UTC 2011

On 07/28/2011 03:34 AM, Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de wrote:

> [...]

Eek, that cluster.conf article is in a poor shape. As it stands now, it
is little more that a wiki'fied dump of the cluster.ng xmllint file. The
lack of documentation of many options is why there are so many /no info/
entries.

I had planned to bug the devs to get better definitions of the options,
and may still do that someday. However, if working on that article, I
came to realize that Pacemaker is the future of resource management, so
for now, I'm focusing on learning Pacemaker.

As a general note of caution; Though the extra arguments may exist,
unless you find documentation from Red Hat directly on their use, I'd
hesitate to use the options in production. I am unclear on Red Hat's
policy towards maintaining the functionality of those
undocumented/minimally documented attributes. If you have a Red Hat
contract, I'd strongly urge you to speak to your rep about using those
attributes.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"