[Linux-cluster] Corosync goes cpu to 95-99%

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Wed Jun 1 23:27:50 UTC 2011

>> cman_tool join is called in /etc/rc.d/init.d/cman I believe. Add a -P
>> option to it.
>>
>> Regards
>> -steve
>
> Where is "-P" option under cman_tool manpage?? I didn't see it. Appears
> "-S", "-X", "-A", "-D" ... but not -P ...
>
> Is it correct to put this option under /etc/sysconfig/cman config file
> on RHEL6??

I had to modify my /etc/rc.d/init.d/cman script on each node and add -P
(undocumented) at line 500, after $cman_join_opts

And it did not solve the problem, but it help verry little bit to
aliviate it. While a node is experiencing it, it's still not usable by
ssh, but response time to service seems a very little better, barely
noticable.

GSS asked me today to produce a core dump of corosync while it's eating
up CPU.

Regards,