[Linux-cluster] Fencing Issues: fence_node fails but fence_ipmilan works

Martinez-Sanchez, Raul RMartinez-Sanchez at nds.com
Mon Jun 6 13:52:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I had a similar issue on an IBM M3 system although it was on a rhel5u6. The way we got it fix was by changing the ipmilam configuration *location*(attribute lanplus="1" in device element to fencedevice element) in the cluster.conf file, I am not sure if this would be relevant to you but just in case ....

I.E.

<method name="1">
<device name="m3vgc1b-ilo" action="off"/>
<device name="fcswitch1" port="2"/>
<device name="fcswitch2" port="2"/>
</method>

<method name="1">
<device name="m3vgc1a-ilo" action="off"/>
<device name="fcswitch1" port="1"/>
<device name="fcswitch2" port="1"/>
</method>

<fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" power_wait="10" ipaddr="XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" lanplus="1" login="Admin" name="m3vgc1b-ilo" passwd="***"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" power_wait="10" ipaddr="XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" lanplus="1" login="Admin" name="m3vgc1a-ilo" passwd="***"/>

Regards,

Raúl Martínez Sánchez