[Linux-cluster] CLVM Documentation.

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Jun 14 15:41:52 UTC 2011

On 06/14/2011 11:31 AM, benpro wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm actualy studying some solutions to have a shared FS for KVM and live
> migration.
> I've already tested DRBD+OCFS2 with success.
>
> I wanted to take a look at CLVM, but I don't find any explicit
> documentation, like how to configure lvm.conf and how to set up CLVM?
>
> Did you get any links which talk about CLVM? I've already found Red Hat
> Documentation [1], but still don't explain the subject in term of
> software configuration.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> [1] :
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/LVM_Cluster_Overview.html
>

> Regards,
>
> ---
> Benoît.S
> alias Benpro

In the end, all that is really needed is to change locking_type to "3"
and fallback_to_local_locking to "0" (and, of course, have DLM).

I've got a bit of documentation on implementing CLVM on EL5 with DRBD here:

http://wiki.alteeve.com/index.php/Red_Hat_Cluster_Service_2_Tutorial#Setting_Up_Clustered_LVM

It is not at all extensive, but hopefully it's sufficient to help.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."