[Linux-cluster] Troubleshooting service relocation

Miha Valencic miha.valencic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:13:59 UTC 2011

Hi!

I'm trying to troubleshoot service migration, which happens once a day and I
don't have a clue why. (i.e.: there is nothing wrong with it and there are
no entries in the log file)

The system is RHEL4 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46) with cluster version 2.0.52.

Cluster software used to log events to /var/log/cluster.log as configured by
the syslog facility local4.*, but those messages disappeared on May 6.

The service we're running on the cluster is Zimbra, if that matters at all.

The problem is, that there are no logging entries in the cluster.log file.
If I issue 'logger -p local4.info 'test'' I see an entry in the cluster.log
file, so syslog is obviously working.

In the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file, I see no logging configuration (and I
guess there is none, looking at config schema described at
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/doc/cluster_schema_rhel4.html.

How can I turn on logging or what else can I check?

Thank you,
 Miha.