[Linux-cluster] info RHEL 6 Cluster Suite + File System

Martinez-Sanchez, Raul RMartinez-Sanchez at nds.com
Mon Jun 27 13:35:19 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have a very generic question that somehow am unable to answer. In the past (RHEL 5) we have been deploying HA Clusters in the following manner: Two to four redhat nodes with the Red Hat cluster suite on them. As well all the nodes are attached to a SAN/Fibre infrastructure with two SAN Switches and two controllers per Storage Array. The storage array was presented to the cluster suite as a GFS resources  and services (Oracle) were making use of it by mounting the GFS resource and operating on it.

It is my understanding (maybe am wrong) that in RHEL 6 there is no GFS support as well as that GFS2 is not oracle certified and therefore cannot be used. So my question is how can we replicate the same structure/architecture on RHEL 6 if GFS/GFS2 cannot be used?
Apologies if this question is too simple but am just trying to get some more understanding on how we could proceed next.

Regards,

Raúl Martínez Sánchez

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00