[Linux-cluster] fence_ipmilan fails to reboot

Santeramo Luc l.santeramo at brgm.fr
Thu Jun 30 14:32:56 UTC 2011

Hi Parvez,

Have you tried method="cycle" ?
(on my cluster I don't specify the auth parameter, but I don't think that's the problem)

--
Luc

________________________________

Le 30/06/2011 12:03, Parvez Shaikh a écrit :
Hi all,

I am on RHEL 5.5; and I have two rack mounted servers with IPMI configured.

When I run command from the prompt to reboot the server through fence_ipmilan, it shutsdown the server fine but it fails to power it on

# fence_ipmilan -a <IPMI IP Address> -l admin -p password -o reboot
Rebooting machine @ IPMI:<IPMI IP Address>...Failed

But I can power it on or power off just fine

# fence_ipmilan -a <IPMI IP Address> -l admin -p password -o on
Powering on machine @ IPMI:<IPMI IP Address>...Done

Due to this my fencing is failing and failover is not happening.

I have questions around this -

1. Can we provide action (off or reboot) in cluster.conf for ipmi lan fencing?
2. Is there anything wrong in my configuration? Cluster.conf file is pasted below
3. Is this a known issue which is fixed in newer versions

Here is how my cluster.conf looks like -
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="4" name="Cluster">
 <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>
 <clusternodes>
  <clusternode name="blade1.domain" nodeid="1" votes="1">
   <fence>
    <method name="1">
     <device lanplus="" name="IPMI_1"/>
    </method>
   </fence>
  </clusternode>
  <clusternode name="blade2.domain" nodeid="2" votes="1">
   <fence>
    <method name="1">
     <device lanplus="" name="IPMI_2"/>
    </method>
   </fence>
  </clusternode>
 </clusternodes>
 <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
 <fencedevices>
  <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" auth="none" ipaddr="<IMPI 1 IP Address>" login="admin" name="IPMI_1" passwd="password"/>
  <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" auth="none" ipaddr="<IMPI 2 IP Address>" login="admin" name="IPMI_2" passwd="password"/>
 </fencedevices>
 <rm>
  <failoverdomains>
   <failoverdomain name="FailoveDomain" ordered="1" restricted="1">
    <failoverdomainnode name="blade1.domain" priority="2"/>
    <failoverdomainnode name="blade2.domain" priority="1"/>
   </failoverdomain>
  </failoverdomains>
  <resources/>
  <service autostart="1" name="service" recovery="relocate"/>
 </rm>
</cluster>
Thanks,
Parvez

Pensez a l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message
Think Environment before printing

Le contenu de ce mel et de ses pieces jointes est destine a l'usage exclusif du (des) destinataire(s) designe
(s) comme tel(s).
En cas de reception par erreur, le signaler a son expediteur et ne pas en divulguer le contenu.
contamination a sa reception.

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the named recipient
(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or the sender immediately and do
not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.
eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content.