[Linux-cluster] GFS File System Resource does not mount automatically => Bug or Feature

Karadeniz, Ercan, VF-Group ercan.karadeniz at vodafone.com
Sat May 7 17:48:39 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have a two node cluster setup, with a httpd service and with the
resource IP, GFS file system (iscsi => /dev/sda2 /var/www/html) and
httpd.

Now when I start the service the GFS file system gets not automatically
mounted. I have also tried to relocate the service between both nodes
(node1 and node2). However the result has not changed. Moreover I have
checked the logs but did not see any error messages. The used OS is RHEL
5.4.

Is this a normal behaviour of the RHCS or is this a bug or am I doing
something wrong?

Since I'm a newbie, I will be thankful for any hint.

Have a nice weekend!

Warm regards,

Ercan Karadeniz