[Linux-cluster] Virtual Network

Kluster Fsck klusterfsck at outofoptions.net
Fri May 13 16:12:10 UTC 2011

I inherited an old cluster that RH won't support.  Red Hat Linux
Advanced Server release 2.1AS.  The last day the old sys admin the
cluster went down and never joined.  (Customer owned equipment and the
UPS is failed)  As a quick fix I hard coded the address on the active
node.  Life was good until last night when another power bump occured
and the other machine grabbed control.  This is EOL hardware/software
and we are working to get off of this in the next couple of weeks.

My question.  What is the mechanism for bringing up the shared address?
After taking the hard coded nic down I tried: service cluster
stop/start.  I tried bringing up the preferred node a little ahead of
the non-preferred node and then tried allowing it to come up completely
before brining it up on the second node.

Thanks for listening.