[Linux-cluster] q about post_fail_delay

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon May 16 22:52:44 UTC 2011

On 05/16/2011 06:03 PM, Alvaro Jose Fernandez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do using a post_fail_delay > 0, when triggered, blocks running resources
> on the node, if one is not using GFS? . For example, if one only uses a
> couple of fs resources locally mounted in HA configuration, not shared
> filesystems at all.
>
> Regards,
>
> alvaro

I believe that all IO blocks because the cluster is not able to ensure
that messages arrived to all nodes in the same order, as the
silent/failed node stopped responding. This is a trait called "virtual
synchrony".

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com
Node Assassin:  http://nodeassassin.org
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."