[Linux-cluster] [Q] Good documentation about command line interface??

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Mon May 30 15:06:45 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 10:49 AM, Hiroyuki Sato wrote:
> Hello Digimer.
>
> Thank you for your advice.
> It is very very useful information for me.
>
>> a) Forcing a node to power off, or does it just start an ACPI shutdown?
>
> Maybe ok. I'll test it.

To test, hang the host (echo c > /proc/sysrq-trigger), then try to force
it to power off with wol. If this succeeds, you are in business. I have
my doubts though.

>> b) Can you check that the node is successfully off using wol?
>
> I'm not sure, I'll test it.

Please do. If you can though, it will make IPMI far less needed. :)

> Could you tell me one more thing.
>
> Where fenced will call fence agent??
> It is mean that  the following
>
>   * Can I check where fenced daemon will call fence_agent when I
> execute fence_node??
>     (that message send to master fenced, or localhost??)
>   * And Can I check ``where are master''  with command?? (If fenced is
> master-slave type)
>   * Can I control master priority.
>     (for example I want to specify gfs1, gfs2, gfs3 as fenced master)
>
> Thanks again
>
> Regards.

I'm not sure about the internals of cman, so I am not sure which machine
actually sends the fence command. I do know that it has to come from a
machine with quorum, and I do believe it is handled by the cluster
manager. It's not like pacemaker where a DC is clearly defined.

I'll try to sort out how the internals work and will let you know.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."