[Linux-cluster] Need help regarding Sared storage with GFS2

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Nov 1 14:13:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 09:03:41 -0400 (EDT), Bob Peterson
<rpeterso at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]

I agree with all said, but it is possible to run more than one instance of
regular mysql on the same box. I run 3 (slave of master 1, slave of master
2 and combined RO export) instances (on the same machine), using the same
data without problems, but you need to define 'external-locking' which
slows them down

running two instances in a cluster from shared storage is possible, but
much slower and not a solution.