[Linux-cluster] RHCS between VMs in a large KVM cluster?

Robert Hayden rhayden.public at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:48:19 UTC 2011

Looking to see if anyone has worked with creating a multi-node RHCS cluster
comprised of virtual machines in a large KVM pool.  I am investigating the
potential of creating a KVM pool that will consist of 10s of physical
machines that will provide 100s of VMs.  Some of the VMs need to have HA
configurations similar to what is currently being provided by RHCS.  I
would like to transfer the RHCS done today on physical machines into the VM
world without application changes.

I have some feelers into my Red Hat contacts, but I thought I would see
what the community is doing as well.

BTW - we are also researching the use of the unique HA solutions that a VM
world provides in parallel to the RHCS configurations.

Thanks
Robert