[Linux-cluster] fence_ilo question

Marek Grac mgrac at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 11:13:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 11/08/2011 10:54 PM, Elena Ufimtseva wrote:
> Devrim, Ben
>
> Thanks for advise, I moved much further now.
>
> [root at cclbpdb1 ~]# /usr/bin/ipmitool -I lanplus -H '172.28.84.32' -U
> 'admin' -A 'password' -P 'pwd' chassis power status
> Chassis Power is on
>
> Thats on the local node though.
>
> Just to have it here.
> I installed hp-ilo driver hp-ilo-8.5.0-1.rhel5.x86_64.rpm from hp.
> modprobe ipmi_si
> modprobe ipmi_devintf

All you need is fence-agents package and ipmitool (should be in
dependencies).

https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-30004

notes for iLO3:

fence_ipmilan needs to be used with the -P option to enable Lanplus. It
also requires usage of the -T parameter to provide a 4 second timeout
rather than the default fence_ipmilan default of 2 seconds. The -T
parameter is provided in versions of fence_ipmilan from Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5.5.z and up.

Cmd-line arguments are like you propose in first mail

m,