[Linux-cluster] error messages while use fsck.gfs2

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 13:49:28 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
| Hi Bob
|     Thank you for your advice,
| I had dump the FS head.
| #dd if=/dev/sdc of=/home/disk.dump bs=4096 count=1000
| #file disk.dump

As Steve Whitehouse said, the error you posted indicates that
fsck.gfs2 aborted abnormally. You can change the protocol back
with this command:

gfs2_tool sb /dev/sdc proto "lock_nolock"

But I suspect that won't help much because the corruption goes
farther than just the superblock. I suspect that the superblock
only looks reasonable because the run of fsck.gfs2 recreated it.
But previous messages indicated that the master system directory
was gone or corrupt for some reason, and we have to determine
where it went.  The best way to do that is to look at the image.

Can you make the file disk.dump available for me to download?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat File Systems