[Linux-cluster] Sizing partition for CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK files

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Nov 28 16:08:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Cluster newbie calling for hint!

I have set up a two nodes cluster with cman, qdisk, clvm, gfs2 and a
fiber channel SAN.
On the SAN are two LUNs on which I ran mkfs.gfs2 with no issue, and
they're mounting nicely. (Actually, a third LUN is used for qdisk.)

Next step is CTDB.

I read here :
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/GFS_CTDB_HowTo#GFS2_Configuration
and here :
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6-Beta/html/Cluster_Administration/s1-GFS2-Configuration-CA.html
that I have to create a supplementary shared partition on wich I will
store a lock file.

Two questions :

- I almost read every web page of cluster documentation on internet and
couldn't find information about the sizing of this partition / file
growing? The URL I quoted are giving examples, but I don't know how to
relate to real world.

- I would like to use CTDB to manage samba dealing with *TWO* shares,
using *TWO* LUNs on my SAN.
Does the recovery_lock setup has to be duplicated, or is this a general
setup, which will work fine with my smb.conf, whatever shares are managed?

Thank you.

--
Nicolas Ecarnot